A Few Simple Steps Will Help You Be Better
You want to look your best in front of your friends, family and colleagues, no matter how late you’ve been out, how many hours you’ve spent at the mall or how many treats you’ve eaten. That’s no excuse to look worn out or not fit into that slinky new black dress. It is possible to put your best self forward - from head to toe - at any event. The following simple tips offer an easy way to look good this season and the year to come:
- Drink like a fish. Water is probably the single most important trick to weight loss. By making you feel fuller, it helps prevent food cravings as it flushes out unhealthy toxins.
- Forget about drastic starvation diets or “magic” pills with stimulants. Many are not only ineffective but also have unhealthy effects on your skin, hair and overall stress level.
- Don’t skip meals. This is one of the most popular stumbling blocks to weight loss. When you skip meals, your body assumes it’s starving and slows down its metabolism to conserve energy. That’s why you should feed your body every three to four hours.
- Try herbal body wraps. Safe and natural, they quickly shape and contour your body by detoxifiing the skin and fat cells which may result in inch loss. They also provide a relaxing and alternative to strenuous exercise programs and expensive, painful plastic surgery.
- Exercise for 20 to 30 minutes at least three times a week. Exercise helps you manage holiday- and work-related stress while burning off extra calories. If you can’t get to the gym, then walk for 20 to 30 minutes. It doesn’t matter what you do, as long as you are active.
- Take vitamins regularly. A lack of essential vitamins and minerals can make losing weight more difficult.
- Watch your sugar intake. Sugar is a “high glycemic” substance, which causes your body to output a higher amount of fat storage hormones (insulin), which are directly responsible for loss of skin tone and increased body fat.
- Avoid salt. A diet rich in sodium causes your body to retain water, which can make your face look “puffy.”