Healthy Weight Loss Tips
Although we don’t prescribe a specific diet or exercise program, we do believe in the following common sense and healthy weight loss tips:
- Water is the perfect drink, drink eight 8-oz. glasses of water a day. Water is essential to all bodily functions and has no calories.
- Breakfast - Start the day with breakfast, the most important meal of the day. Keep it healthy by eating a low-fat, low-sugar breakfast.
- Fat and Sugar will make you FAT - Eat lots of fruits and vegetables; a few daily servings of bread, rice and pasta; modest portions of lean protein-rich foods and low fat dairy; and sparing amounts of fat, sweets and sodas.
- Give away high-calorie foods that you know you will end up eating and try cutting back on large food portions slowly to achieve faster results.
- Track your weight - Hop on the scale every day and chart your progress. Set a 30-day weight loss goal and post it somewhere you’ll see it everyday.
- Be happy. Don’t act as if resisting tempting foods is killing you. Most foods are tasted for only three seconds, then are swallowed and are gone.
- Walk For Life - If you want to achieve weight loss, you’ve got to move. A brisk, daily, 20 or 30 minute walk will do the trick.
- Enjoy crisp vegetable salads and avoid greasy foods to attain the weight loss you desire.
- Eating most of your calories in one big meal is the worst possible way to diet.